Thursday, December 20, 2018

The End


First, I’d like to express my gratitude and appreciation for the opportunity that I was given to learn and apply the strategies and techniques in this course as I seek and pursue my Hero’s Journey to Entrepreneurship. In terms of what advice, I would give to someone else if I have the chance to mentor them, I would suggest that the life of an entrepreneur is dedicated to making the world a better place. Their motivation is not money, fame, or power; success is just the natural consequence of governing ones’ life according to correct principles. A lesson that comes to mind is “be an influence for good in the world”. From all the life stories of entrepreneurs mentioned in this course I found that many were good men and women who wanted to make the world a better place. The impression that comes to mind as “we are not told that we can ‘do anything that we want’ because everyone will, but because a few people who hear that call will accept and rise to the challenge”.

In addition, I am reminded the words by Steven Hitz from this book “Launching Leaders, An Empowering Journey for a New Generation”, there is a reference that stuck out to me that I felt impressed upon to think about it further: “Although it was hard, I did my best to transform this incredibly painful time into a chance to renew my faith in and commitment to God.” Hitz continues: "The only constant in life is God, which is why it’s so important that we learn to bring all aspects of our lives into full alignment with His truth. His timing, and His will.” I could not have said this any better. Thirteen years later, my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is very important in my life today. I enjoy living the gospel, working to constantly increase my faith, serving in my calling along with others, and doing all that I can to be in full alignment with the Lord’s will. Nothing else matters. That is the only way we find peace and feel good about ourselves and other around us.

Also, I would like to highlight perseverance as key element to balance in an entrepreneurship journey as I thought this synchronized nicely here to pass along to someone else. Elder Faust’s address about the importance of persevering. As I began to read his address, I was impressed that the article would provide important instruction as to organize my life for success; I wasn’t disappointed. Elder Faust listed off blessings of knowledge and habits that come from serving a mission. He mentioned: “How to organize time wisely; the importance of hard work; leadership skills; people skills; the value of gospel study; respect for authority; the importance of prayer; humility and dependability on the Lord” (Faust, James). Elder Faust taught important principles attributed to success, he pointed: “Success is usually earned by persevering and not becoming discouraged when we encounter challenges” (Faust). Life is all about getting up when we get knocked down, if someone is willing to keep fighting, the paths to success will reveal themselves.

Another key element in my entrepreneurial journey is the challenge to become. I would like to highlight President Dallin H. Oaks teach us in his article “The Challenge to Become”, that the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something.  The Final Judgement, President Oaks declares, “is an acknowledgement of our acts and thoughts – what we have become.” We qualify for eternal life through a process of conversion, he added. The Savior told Peter what we can do when converted to the gospel. In Luke 22: 33-34, the Lord teaches this principle: When we are converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ, we can strengthen others.  President Oaks taught: The Savior referred to what they [Nephites] must become. He adds, “… we are challenged to move through a process of conversion toward that status and condition called eternal life.” This is achieved, he says, by doing it for the right reason—for the pure love of Christ.

Throughout this course, we have been taught that the importance of developing a life plan and a personal constitution are critical to develop and operate through one’s life peak performance. Jim Though the Launching Leaders course, Jim Ritchie has outlined the blueprint to better balance and fulfill our roles and responsibilities as Hero’s Journeys to Entrepreneurship. During last week of launching leaders, Richie suggests being prepared in following areas to be our guide and reminder as part of our personal constitution:
“I am financially self-reliant”
“I am physically fit”
“I am identifying my skills and talents”
“I am a product of what I eat”
“I understand the value of humor”
“I am a leader”
“I am creative”
“I am mentally tough; don’t complain”
“I am a communicator”

At the end of this course, we have read and learned about so many people that recognized a need in the world and they went out and made it happen. They are the “finishers” that President Thomas S. Monson teaches about in his article "Finishers Wanted". There is the well-known phrase that surrounds the desire of being or doing something great: “someone has got to do it…why not you?” That is one of the key lessons that I gained: to be that person, to search for the “broken hilts” and save “great causes”.

This is the journey of an entrepreneur!

No comments:

Post a Comment